Thursday, July 17, 2008

waiting for a refreshing shower


waiting for a refreshing shower, originally uploaded by julioc. © 2008 All rights reserved by JulioC. (from my 2006 archives)

Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-Fz20, Exposure: 1/800 sec., Aperture: f/4, Focal Length: 222 mm, ISO Speed: 80

Porto Moniz - natural bathing pools (Madeira Island - Portugal)

This town main attraction, located on the Madeira's Northern coast are, undoubtedly, these natural bathing pools stuck between gentle rocks of lava and filled by the tide.
The sea in this day was very agitated. The waves were hitting the rocks with violence, provoking a very refreshing, but also dangerous shower.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

You have a lot of wonderful pictures here, but somehow .. this is one of my favorites. I can feel the pleasure of the people, I can hear the sound of the wave, I can smell the sea and feel the sun.

Excelente !!

Miss Coco ☺